Tuesday 31 March 2015

Current Work - Pencils within Portraiture

Pencil work is both equally as beautiful in colour and black and white. Below, again linking to my current portraiture project, are some of my current pieces and some of the equipment that I use and, I personally believe, are the most effective. 

A4 Coloured Pencil Artist Research (Marion Bolognesi)
The small piece to the left is a coloured pencil piece I completed in my sketch book as part of my artist research into Marion Bolognesi. Her work is usually completed in water colour but as a medium that is like painting with smoke, I decided to interpret her art work and attempt to re-produce it using the same colour pallet but in a completely different medium. For this piece I used Derwent coloured pencils which can be bought from an good art store or can be found online.



A4 Graphite Pencil Artist Research (Marion Bolognesi)
Again, this was completed in my sketch book as part of my artist research into Marion Bolognesi. In this piece I removed the colour completely from the focus and instead created a tonal drawing focusing on dark and light and the grey-scale rather than a warm colour pallet that the reference photograph shows. This allowed me to see the change in mood by removing the colour and to perceive my work from a different perspective. This piece was completed in a Derwent sketching set which included: charcoal, graphite, graphite stick, putty rubber, sharpener, tinted charcoal, sketching pencils, and coloured sketching pencils. 

No comments:

Post a Comment