Wednesday 18 March 2015

Current Work - Portraiture

A4 Fine-liner and White Emulsion
Below I've just selected a couple of pieces of work that I've currently completed - or am nearing completion for my art course. 

The piece to the right is a full frontal fine-liner and white emulsion piece I did on A4 cardboard of my Dad. As I'm currently focusing on timelines I accentuated my Dad's wrinkles (to his dismay) through the use of cross-hatching techniques and multiple other drawing techniques. My current topic focuses on human timelines and particularly looks at the change in the human face as it grows older. 

This piece was taken from my own personal photo-shoot of my Dad and is one of many pieces that I have completed in a similar style with changes in medium, surface, size, style and inspiration. 

A3 Fine-liner 
The piece to the left is an A3 completed angular portrait of one of my sisters. I love fine-liner as a medium as I am able to select the finest (mine finest is 005) or the thickest (my thickest is Faber-Castell's Bold) to create different line styles and structures in order to create tone, highlights, the impression of marks or mark making with quick strokes of my pens. 

Again, this piece was completed from one of my personal photo-shoots of my sister for my art course. The angular pose in which I ave captured her allowed me to show my talent in 3-D effect (her nose, as an example) and proportions. 

I post all of my artwork online via my twitter account, @allanna_tagg, follow me if you would like to see more of my work. Hopefully I will soon be setting up a Facebook page for commissioned pieces of work - I have completed several commissions already which I will create a post about as soon as possible. 



No comments:

Post a Comment